A CRASH COURSE ON DIGITAL REALITY AND EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES IN MUSEUMS
:DDDDANTE & FRIENDS
Training course in two modules that introduces the fundamental concepts and practices of the creation and promotion of digital cultural heritage. The workshop aims to provide the students theoretical knowledge, operating methods and innovative design tools for digital enhancement of heritage, as well as events of art and tangible and intangible culture.
Students will discover the Italian culture through the eyes of Dante and his friends.
The course relies upon:
- The D.R.E.A.M. methodology to merge digital reality and
educational activities in museums;
- The Museater model to transform visits to a museum into AR based theatrical plays for actors from 5 to 90 years;
- Hubs, the easy-to-use social VR open platform developed by the
- WebAR tools to enjoy AR experiences from any smartphone’s
BY THE END OF MODULE 1 – “THE VR HAUNTED HOUSE” THE
TRAINEES WILL LEARN:
- The basic concepts of virtual reality;
- The fundamental meaning of digital cultural heritage;
- Many stories and anecdotes about Dante and other prominent
characters of Italian culture and arts;
- How to use Mozilla Hubs to design and deploy engaging VR
- How to create effective narrative digital content for VR
- How to interact with other people in VR.
BY THE END OF MODULE 2 – “THE HAUNTED HOUSE” THE
TRAINEES WILL LEARN:
- How to use free WebAR platforms to design and deploy simple
but effective AR experiences;
- How to create effective narrative digital content for AR
- How to stage a simple but engaging museater performance at any
museum or point of cultural interest.
The course is offered during two periods..
Welcome; presentation of objectives and agenda; visit of the “haunted house”; introduction to the basic theoretical concepts of virtual reality; creation of digital characters.
Introduction to Mozilla Hubs. Construction of the haunted house in 3D graphics.
Creation of the narrative contents of the experience. Writing stories and producing images and videos for VR.
Set-up of the rooms of the Haunted House. Creating the furnishings and integrating them with the narrative content.
Integrate furnishings and narrative elements into the Haunted House. Publish the experience on Mozilla Hubs and experience it in VR.
Free (departure of participants attending the basic course).
Module 1st only participants’ departure. Free day for full course participants.
Welcome; presentation of objectives and agenda; attending to a museater performance; introduction to the basic theoretical concepts of augmented reality; creation of digital characters.
What is a museater; scripting a museater performance.
Creating an augmented reality digital stage.
Creating audiovisual content for augmented reality; importing content spaces, furniture and characters from Mozilla Hubs.
Integrating narrative content with the digital stage; staging a museum performance.